Shipping not included in price – North Island $85 / South Island – Quoted. (extra $10 if rural). SUP Price includes GST.
The 2018 Red Paddle Co 12’6″ Explorer is an amazing destination, exploring and cruising inflatable SUP. Designed to be paddled by those who want to know what is around the next bend in the river or in the next bay. No need to leave cars at each end of your paddling trip, just jump on a train, bus, or take taxi to get home. Read our review of the 12’6″ Explorer here. Looking for a faster touring cruiser with more deck space, try the new 13’2″ Explorer+. Who’s it for? An all-rounder for the 150kg paddler. Paddling is all about exploring and getting close to nature, and there’s no better family of boards for that than the Explorer range. Underneath, it has a removable fin, a nose runner fin to aid tracking in side winds, and two rear runner fins to cancel out ‘tail drift’ when the board is loaded with gear.
As with all 2018 Red Paddle Co inflatable paddle boards, the 12’6″ Explorer features
- the MSL fusion composite and airtight coating construction process for a lighter and stiffer board.
- Updated stainless steel cargo tie down d-rings on fore deck complete with bungee cord.
- Improved and padded carry handles.
- Integrated tail handle and leash d-ring.
- Machine-pressed, thermosealed “crocodile finish” deck pads utilizing a stronger adhesive.
- Updated look and color scheme.
- Updated 6.75″ US fin box for easier roll up.
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process for 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The 12’6″ Explorer’s 6″ thickness and capacity make it super-stiff and stable, so it’s perfect for taller, larger paddlers and for longer outings and a range of conditions. We like to think of it as a ‘destination paddleboard’. The extra length means it can easily handle a kid on the front while you paddle, or if you’re going it alone, you can use the cargo tie-downs to take camping gear or a dry bag with you. The 2016 Explorer’s shape and fin set-up mean that this inflatable SUP is fast, stable and tracks straight and true. Multiple cargo tie-down sections and larger than average payload allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail. The Explorer 12’6″ is also an amazing platform for fishing with loads of space on the deck to secure your cooler and rods, and stash the catch of the day.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Removable fin using US fin box. Comes with fin designed for straight tracking
- Double tail runner fins for straighter paddling
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling
- Integrated tail handle and rear D-ring for leash
- Nose d-ring
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad
- Front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Rear tie down d-rings for carrying extra loads
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Handles on each rail and a nose for every possible carrying method
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 370 liters
- Weight: 25 lbs board only, 34 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 330 lbs/150 kg
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
All prices include GST. Shipping additional. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY available in Ahuriri, Napier.