This year, the Sport comes in two sizes. The 11’0″ offers fast inflation and great flat-water performance for riders up to 200 lbs, while the 12’6″ Sport is more suited to longer touring trips and/or the larger rider. Both boards are fitted with Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS system for maximum rigidity. Both of the Red Paddle Co Sports come with detachable fins. Of course all of this packs away into the Red Paddle Co travel bag and it’s extreme durability means that it will arrive at your destination in one piece and ready to hit the water.
As with all 2016 Red Paddle Co inflatable paddle boards, the 12’6″ Sport features the MSL fusion composite and airtight coating construction process for a lighter and stiffer board. What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process for 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures. The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) system works to give unrivalled stiffness. The RSS is designed to increase rigidity by 30-50%. It works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. While some inflatable boards flex in the water, Red Paddle Co’s 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to paddle with confidence.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent
- shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Removable fin using 6.75″ US fin box for easier roll up
- Integrated tail handle and rear D-ring for leash
- Nose d-ring
- Machine-pressed, thermos sealed “crocodile finish” deck pads utilizing a stronger adhesive.
- Front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 30″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 350 litres
- Weight: 24 lbs board only, 32 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 285 lbs/130 kg
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six Sport comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.